Bhagavad Gita Chapterwise Benefits that you can get by reading it is incredible.
In my 20s, I’ve started to read the Bhagavad Gita and I’m already experiencing many benefits from it. I thank my friend heartily who suggested reading it by sharing her own experiences with me.
So, when I can get a benefit from it then you too can. In my current blog, I’m going to explain the Bhagavad Gita chapterwise benefits along with my own experience.
18 Bhagavad Gita Chapterwise Benefits
The first benefit that I instantly have sensed while reading the Bhagavad Gita is – calmness. But along with that, I’m getting amazing different benefits from each chapter.
Know How You Get Benefitted By Reading Every Chapter of Bhagavad Gita
Here I’ve shared the importance and benefits of each chapter of Gita. This will help you to explore different areas of life.
1. First Chapter of Bhagavad Gita Helped Me to Undestand the Conflicts in My Mind
This is the first chapter of the Bhagavad Gita. This chapter explains Arjuna’s sorrows. This is also considered as ‘the war within’.
This chapter helped me to focus on my own sorrows and war within the mind. Every time when I face too many conflicts in my mind I recall this chapter. So, you will understand how to face such situations in life by reading the Bhagavad Gita.
2. The Second Chapter of Bhagavad Gita Helped Me to Focus on Self-Realization
This chapter is all about self-realization. This is a philosophical discussion that begins in this chapter of the Bhagavad Gita. This includes 72 verses.
Self-realization is much needed to explore life well. And reading this part of the Bhagavad Gita helped me to introspect my own life and the purpose of life.
3. The Third Chapter of Bhagavad Gita Made Me Realise the Importance of Actions in Life
This chapter of the Bhagavad Gita is one of my favourites. This includes 43 verses. You will learn about the law and the effect of work by reading this.
Lord Krishna explains selfless services and the results of our work in this chapter. I can read this chapter, again and again, to get more benefits from it. I’ve understood the true meaning of Karma by this 3rd chapter.
4. The Fourth Chapter is ‘Jnana Yoga’, which Talks About Wisdom
This chapter has 42 verses. This chapter is all about wisdom in action. And Krishna talks about motiveless action and the need to determine the right action.
You will see and realize that a combination of knowledge and action is important. This is about wisdom.
5. Bhagavad Gita’s Fifth Chapter Helps to Choose the Best Suitable Path for Your Life
The 5th chapter of the Bhagavad Gita includes 29 verses. Sanyasa means becoming a monk and living a monk life.
Arjuna asks Krishna if one should choose a monk life or one should live a worldly life. And Krishna explains no matter what we choose both paths have the same goal. This chapter helps to overcome internal contradictions.
6. Bhagavad Gita Chapter Six Helps to Understand Yoga and Meditation
This chapter is also known as Dyana Yoga. That means, the practice of meditation. It has 47 verses.
This chapter of the Bhagavad Gita explains Yoga and Meditation in a simplified way. The main benefit of this chapter is that you will understand mediation by reading this.
7. The Seventh Chapter of Bhagavad Gita Make You Realise the Evil Results of Ignorance
In this chapter, Krishna explains wisdom from realization. This is a set of 30 verses. You will understand about universal principles that are Prakriti and Purusha in this chapter.
It explains that ignorance will lead to an evil result.
8. You Will Understand about the Body and Life by Reading the 8th Chapter of Gita
Eternal self is the concept of this Bhagavad Gita’s chapter. You will get 28 verses in this.
Krishna says that everyone has a body that is not permanent but everyone has an eternal self. This chapter explains the ultimate destiny of humanity.
9. The Ninth Chapter of Bhagavad Gita Helps to Get to Know About Supreme Energy
Krishna talks about the supreme energy that runs all of us in this chapter. It’s all about sovereign science and sovereign secrets. There are 34 verses in this chapter.
You will understand that the driving force is in unmanifested form, everywhere and in everything by reading this chapter of the Bhagavad Gita.
10. The 10th Chapter Helps to Connect with Your Deeper Self by Explaining Spirituality
In this chapter, Krishna explains in detail about spirituality and he explains that he is present in every being.
In this 10th chapter, there are 42 verses that explain the Yoga of Divine Manifestation.
11. Bhagavad Gita’s Eleventh Chapter Explains You About Cosmic vision
The cosmic vision is the concept of this chapter. It includes 55 sets of verses.
You will come to know deep knowledge about cosmic vision in this chapter. You will understand better about universal energies.
12. You Will Understand the Importance of Faith, Love and Compassion in the 12th Chapter
Here Lord Krishna shares knowledge about love, faith and devotion. You will find 20 verses in this chapter.
You will know the importance of compassion in life by reading this chapter.
13. The Thirteenth Chapter of Bhagavad Gita Helps to Understand The Spirit
This is about the physical body and the eternal self. There are 34 verses in this.
If you want to know who you actually are, read this and understand. This chapter explains the difference between the body and the spirit.
14. The Fourteenth Chapter Makes You Realise Which Qualities You Should Inculcate for a Better Life
The 14th chapter of the Bhagavad Gita talks about the qualities of human beings. You will find 27 verses in this Gunatraya Vibhaga Yoga chapter.
Here Krishna talks about ego. It also talks about the different personalities of human beings.
15. The Fifteenth Chapter Teaches You About the Fundamental Elements That Is Present in All the Human Beings
Know about the Supreme Self in this chapter. Krishna explained it in 20 verses in this chapter.
This chapter talks about a fundamental element that is present in all of us.
16. Your Perspective Towards Life Will Change by Undeanding Divine Traits by Reading 16th Chapter of Gita
This chapter is about the separation of divine and undivine. In this Lord Krishna explains which types of human traits are divine and which are not.
There are 24 verses in this particular chapter of the Bhagavad Gita
17. You Will Realise the Power of Faith by Reading the 17th Chapter of Bhagavad Gita
This chapter explains the power of faith. This chapter has 28 verses.
Here you will come to know about the division of faith. Also, Krishna explains thoughts and deeds in this chapter.
18. The Final 18th Chapter of Bhagavad Gita Makes You Undetsnd about Liberation
This is the last chapter of the Bhagavad Gita. This chapter explains liberation and renunciation. There are 78 verses in this last chapter.
You can find a discussion of spiritual pursuit at the beginning of this chapter. This chapter included many topics and offered a final summary of all the lessons.
Lord Krishna Has Taught So Many Things in The Bhagavad Gita
The Bhagavad Gita teaches us the nature of the true self. Also, it teaches about spirituality.
Krishna teaches us the ways of life or the art of living through the Bhagavad Gita. His teaching related to love, action, food, meditation, and deeds are incredible.
As now you know the Bhagavad Gita chapterwise benefits, you can start reading it to help yourself in many areas of life.
- Choose a Perfect Ethnic Wear for Attending a Hindu Wedding - November 28, 2023
- Want to Understand about Sacred Hinduism Symbols with their Deep Meaning? - September 21, 2023
- Lord Ganesha Names for Baby Boy That Every Parent Like - September 7, 2023